Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (Information Only Page)
RRHAN-EC Training is now available.
RRHAN-EC was implemented on 1 July 2021. Enquiries regarding RAN-EC certificates prior to 2021 can be made here.
There are 2 elements to the training:
- A 2-hour Fundamentals Course (online and self-paced without a trainer via plink)
- A 4-hour Masterclass Workshop (with a trainer online and/or in-person, depending on course selected via AEU SA).
To determine which course(s) you need to complete, the Department for Education have a self-assessment tool on their website. Please note: AEU SA cannot determine which training is right for you. Please make sure you read the descriptions on the plink website carefully.
The AEU SA Branch continues to be an approved provider for the “Masterclass”. Members and non-members can complete the “Masterclass” with AEU SA.
a. Student members - first RRHAN-EC free (eligibility requirements apply to be a student member. This includes studying to be a teacher, or education related personnel other qualifications may not be eligible for student rates.)
b. Full financial members - $55 (eligibility requirements apply, this includes student members who have completed a RRHAN-EC course with AEU SA before.)
Note: if your membership has lapsed you will be contacted by the Events and Training Team. You will need to complete an online form before you are considered a full financial member again. Alternatively you can elect to pay the non-member price. You will not be charged or booked into a course until an outcome has been confirmed)
c. Non-members (external participants) - $166
Important Information - Register for a session
Registrations for RRHAN-EC training will be taken through plink only. To register you will need to:
1. Create a Plink account using the link above. If you already have an account you can log in using those account details.
2. Once you have created an account and logged in, select the RRHAN-EC course that applies to you from the course catalogue. 4-hour Masterclass Workshop sessions will only be available in the course catalogue once you have successfully completed the 2-hour Fundamentals Course.
3. Select register and follow the prompts.
4. Make payment via the provided AEU SA payment form (plink may originally say 'free of charge' this is due to the system not being able to display multiple payment rates - therefore submitting the payment form is required for confirmation.)
5. Receive a booking confirmation email from plink and AEU SA.
Please note: You will receive a registration confirmation email immediately via plink. However your booking is not confirmed until you complete AEU SA's payment form and make payment for the session. Once submitting the payment form, a member of the AEU SA's Events and Training team will review your eligibility and send am AEU SA confirmation email letting you know they have received your plink registration or contact you regarding your booking for further discussion, if needed.
AEU SA Branch RRHAN-EC Masterclass Training dates are listed below:
In-person sessions are held at 163 Greenhill Road Parkside, 5063 and online sessions are held via Zoom.
*please note the below is information only. Please check your plink account to confirm session times and be provided with the most up-to-date information as the below are subject to change and monitoring of this webpage.
- Tuesday 7 June 2022 9:00am - 1:30pm (in-person* - COVID restrictions permitting**)
- Thursday 14 September 2022 9:00am - 1:30pm (in-person* - COVID restrictions permitting**)
- Monday 10 October 2022 9:00am - 1:30pm (online)
*To be onsite and enter the building at AEU SA (163 Greenhill Road, Parkside) it is now AEU policy to be double vaccinated, to show proof of vaccination status and wear a face mask.
**Any scheduled face-to-face sessions may be changed to an online delivery method at short notice due COVID restrictions and the priority to keep staff and members safe.
Sessions are subject to minimum number requirements.
Bookings can be made here after you create a plink account/log in - AEU SA Masterclass catalogue is only available once the Fundamentals Course has been completed.
Please note: once registered you will receive automated communication from plink leading up to the training session. Keep an eye out from communication from [email protected] with direct details regarding the session you have booked into including zoom details and course materials, if applicable.
Plink technical support email (including difficulty registering for a course): [email protected]
RRHAN-EC course information support email: [email protected]
*The AEU SA Events and Training Team can assist with booking you into a course pending that you provide your Fundamentals Certificate and Submit the payment form before booking confirmation.
Contact for other enquires (not including plink account enquires or which course you may be required to complete):
AEU SA Education Team
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (08) 8172 6300
*This is an information only page - you cannot book through viewing this page, through the AEU SA website or via phone call with AEU SA. Registrations must be made and confirmed through plink.* We can however assist you if needed.