Direct Debit Agreement
The Australian Education Union (South Australian Branch) 163 Greenhill Road, Parkside SA 5063 ("we" or "us") (Debit User Number 015604)
You have entered into or are about to enter into an arrangement under which you make payments to us. You want to make those payments by use of the Direct Debit System.
This agreement sets out the terms on which we accept and act under a Direct Debit Request ("your Direct Debit Request") you give us to debit amounts from your account under the Direct Debit System. It is additional to the arrangement under which you make payments to us.
Please ensure you keep a copy of this agreement as it sets out certain rights you have against us and certain obligations you have to us due to giving us your Direct Debit Request.
When we are bound by this agreement.
1. We agree to be bound by this agreement when we receive your Direct Debit Request complete with the particulars we need to draw an amount under it.
What we agree and what we can do.
2. We only draw money out of your account in accordance with the terms of your Direct Debit Request.
3. On giving you at least 14 days notice, we may:
- change our procedures in this agreement;
- change the terms of your Direct Debit Request; or
- cancel your Direct Debit Request.
4. You may ask us to:
- alter the terms of your Direct Debit Request;
- defer a payment to be made under your Direct Debit Request;
- stop a drawing under your Direct Debit Request; or
- cancel your Direct Debit Request by contacting our Membership staff at the AEU Office by phone 8172 6300, fax 8172 6390 or in writing at least two working days before the next amount is due to be drawn.
5. You may dispute any amount we draw under your Direct Debit Request by contacting our Membership staff at the AEU Office by phone on 8172 6300, Email to email@example.com or fax 8172 6390.
6. We deal with any dispute under clause 5 of this agreement as follows:
- We will examine our records and within two business days we will provide you with details of how the disputed amounts were determined.
- If we determine that amounts were incorrectly drawn, we will either reimburse you by cheque for any amount drawn in excess of that due under this arrangement, or have the amount credited against future payments due to us by you.
7. If the day on which you must make any payment to us is not a business day, we draw on your account under your Direct Debit Request on the business day prior.
8. If your financial institution rejects any of our attempts to draw an amount in accordance with your Direct Debit Request, we will contact you in writing.
9. We will not disclose to any person any information you give us on your Direct Debit Request, which is not generally available, unless:
- you dispute any amount we draw under your Direct Debit Request and we need to disclose any information relating to your Direct Debit Request or to any amount we draw under it to the financial institution at which your account is held or the financial institution which sponsors our use of the Direct Debit System or both of them;
- you consent to that disclosure; or
- we are required to disclose that information by law.
What you should consider
10. Not all accounts held with a financial institution are available to be drawn on under the Direct Debit System.
11. Before you complete your Direct Debit Request, it is best to check account details against a recent statement from your financial institution to ensure the details on your Direct Debit Request are completed correctly.
12. Please enquire of your financial institution, if you are uncertain when your financial institution processes an amount we draw under your Direct Debit Request on a day which is not a business day.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient clear funds available in your account, by the due date on which we draw any amount under your Direct Debit Request, to enable us to obtain payment in accordance with your Direct Debit Request.
14. We request you to direct:
- all requests to stop or cancel your Direct Debit Request to us initially; and
- all enquiries relating to any dispute under Clause 5 of this agreement to us initially.