The Information Unit is staffed from 8.15am to 5pm on Mondays, and 10.30am to 5.00pm, Tuesday to Friday.
For advice and assistance please phone 8172 6300
or email [email protected]
You can also submit your questions using our enquiry form.
Members calling the AEU Information Unit can obtain information on a range of important issues, including:
- Country Incentives
- Workplace injuries
- Grievances in the workplace
- Leave entitlements
- Payroll matters
- PAC matters
- OHS & W
- Part-time procedures
- Performance management
- Working with difficult students
- New Educator matters
Teacher Registration Board matters
The Information Unit can also assist with a first free legal referral for non work-related issues.
Some typical member questions the AEU assists with on a daily basis:
- Can I return to part-time work after maternity leave?
- As a part-time teacher what is my maximum teaching load?
- Am I required to attend staff meetings on a day I don't normally work?
- Do teachers have defined hours of work?
- Am I meant to receive an extra 0.1 Non-Instruction Time as a first year teacher?
- What do I do if my payslip is incorrect?
All these questions and more can be answered by the friendly AEU staff at the Information Unit.